D. DISASSEMBLY OF TOWER - Disassembly of the 80-foot tower is essentially the reverse of the procedure
described in Figure 2-6; however, in order to have an orderly cable arrangement inside the folded section, use the two
nylon rope assemblies, part No. L-1686-18 and -19, during the folding operation as described below.
(1) Position the section laying on its side (see Figure 2-7).
(2) Attach the snap hooks of -19 to the four cable crossings in the lower half of the section after
threading the nylon ropes through the section as shown in view 1. Always snap on the hook as shown. The hook axis
has to be in line with the direction of pull.
(3) Attach the snap hooks of -18 to the four cable crossings in the upper half of the section as shown in
(4) While two men pull on -18 and -19, have all 8 brace joints unlocked.
(5) Slowly push the 4 uprights together until section is folded. During this operation, see that all cable
thimbles pivot into the pull direction of -18 and - 19.
(6) Gather cables together in two locations and attach 2 hose clamps as shown in view 4.
(7) Remove all hooks and pull out -18 and -19 rope assemblies.
A. System interconnection cabling is shown in Figure 2-8. Table 2-2 lists the signals applied to each connector pin.
9. BORESIGHTING PROCEDURE
A. TARGET INSTALLATION - After the mounting location for the Antenna System has been established, but before
the Antenna System has been installed, determine the azimuth of the boresight target as follows:
(1) Locate an r-f signal generator with boresight target at a distance of approximately one-half mile from the
(2) Set up a transit or similar instrument on the Antenna System mounting location.
(3) Determine the true azimuth of the boresight target from the Antenna System. Record this position.