(3) Check gearcase of elevator hoist for proper oil
(6) Test elevator and carriage for proper operation
level by removing red oil-level plug. Fill with oil through
before attaching antenna to elevator.
one of upper openings until oil reaches oil-level hole.
(7) Check gearcase of elevator hoist for proper oil
Replace plugs tightly after this check. Check rest of
level before use.
elevator hoist for proper lubrication. See figure 5-2 for
(8) Always operate controls momentarily to
eliminate all slack in cable before beginning to raise or
(4) Connect hoist power.
lower loads. Otherwise, starting can cause shock load,
(5) Attach hoist remote control button to either
which could cause damage to hoist or to rigging.
tower leg B or C. Connect remote control button to hoist
c. Elevator Tracks. The steps that follow are for
assembly is left free to pivot, and
installing elevator tracks after the tower has been
elevator is not to be installed
immediately, temporarily secure this
track assembly to bottom track
(1) Assemble tracks and supports for tower
support by rope or other means.
section No. 2 on the ground.
(2) Attach two track assemblies (15) to track
b. Elevator Hoist Installation. The elevator hoist
supports Nos. 4 (11), 5 (10), and 6 (6). Secure with 12
assembly is installed on the gin pole pier, with the motor
(3) As in steps (1) and (2), above, assemble
tracks and supports for tower section No. 3, except use
(I) Attach elevator hoist mount (8) to gin pole pier.
track supports Nos. 7 (5), 8 (4), and 9 (3) instead of
track supports Nos. 4, 5, and 6.
(6), and flat washers (7).
(2) Attach elevator hoist assembly (I) to elevator
assembly (10) to elevator hoist cable (8) by
hoist mount (8) and secure with six bolts (10), nuts (11),
disassembling tackle block assembly and reassembling
it with elevator hoist cable
Figure 2-15. Elevator Hoist