(a) If bolts and holes do not align, loosen
Connect it to the leg by ground wire assembly (3) and
ground wire clamp (1). Secure to pier anchor bolt (4)
brace nuts, and adjust position of tower.
with nut (5), lockwasher (6), and flat washer (7).
(b) If tower cannot be aligned by step (1),
tap nuts(18, figure 2-4) on pier bolts of pier A to slightly
bend these bolts and, in this way, to move tower support
into position under leg A.
(1) Remove bolt (5) and nut (6).
(2) Remove gin pole top section (1) from gin pole
bottom section (7) and from tower support (8).
(3) Remove nut (6) from bolt (14) that goes
through slot in gin pole bottom section (7). Remove this
bolt from gin pole pivot base assembly (13).
c. Installation of Tower Grounding Kit. The tower
(4) Remove slotted end of gin pole bottom section
(7) from gin pole pivot base assembly (13) and the other
each of the three tower legs, install ground rod (2).
end of the gin pole bottom section (7) from pier A.
that secure the gin pole pivot base assembly (13) to gin
pole pier. Remove gin pole pivot base assembly from
gin pole pier.
(6) Repack the gin pole in its original packing
case, if possible.
e. Removal of Tower Erection Equipment.
(1) Remove rest of tower erection equipment and
store it in original packing crates, if possible, or in
another protected area.
(2) Remove truck winch line.
a. Precautions. Take the following precautions
before and during installation procedures:
(1) When working on the structural tower, use
safety climbing belts and hold tools and materials in
Pass tools and materials by using
appropriate containers or ropes.
(2) Never use the elevator erection sling to raise a
structural member when this sling is supporting the
member by frictional contact only. The elevator erection
sling must go through a hole or be safely secured over
welded track tabs when it is lifting a track or a brace.
(3) When lifting tracks or braces, the elevator
hoist operator must stand inside tower to avoid being
under these members.
(4) Do not ever use antenna elevator to lift
persons. It does not have the required safety features.
(5) When elevator is lowered, the bottom rollers of
the elevator assembly must be at least 6 inches from
the bottom ends of the lowest track section.
Figure 2-14. Tower Grounding Kit