c. Rotate the azimuth handwheel CCW. Observe that the TRUE AZIMUTH digital counter indicates a
decreasing azimuth angle and the cable-wrap meter deflects toward its left red limit marking.
d. Rotate the LAMP INTENSITY control CW and CCW. Observe that CW rotation brightens and CCW
rotation dims the lights over the TRUE AZIMUTH and TRUE ELEVATION digital counters.
B. STATIC ACCURACY CHECK
Prior to performing this check, the AZ ORIENT control on the Antenna Position Power Supply
should be set to zero.
(1) Rotate the azimuth handwheel CW to position the antenna to 120. 0240.0 degrees and to three
intermediate arbitrary positions as indicated on the TRUE AZIMUTH digital counter. Observe and record the antenna
position on the antenna pedestal vernier for each setting of the counter dial. The actual antenna heading should be
within 0.5 degree of the azimuth angle indicated on the TRUE AZIMUTH digital counter. Note and record the antenna
position deviation for each of the selected settings.
(2) Repeat step (1) by rotating the azimuth handwheel CCW so that the same positions are approached from
the opposite direction. Record the antenna positions and note that the positions are within 0.5 degree of the selected
(3) Rotate the azimuth handwheel to position the TRUE AZIMUTH digital counter to 000.0.
(4) Position the AZ ORIENT control on the Antenna Control Power Supply to 5, 10, and 20 degrees. The
antenna should go to the complement of these settings, i.e., 355 degrees, 350 degrees, and 340 degrees, respectively.
Record the actual antenna position, as indicated on the vernier, for each setting.
(5) Return the AZ ORIENT dial knob to zero.
(6) Rotate the elevation handwheel to 000.0, 045.0, 090.0 degree and to three intermediate, arbitrary positions
as indicated on the TRUE ELEVATION digital counter. Record the actual antenna position as indicated on the vernier on
the elevation drive assembly for each setting.