(7) Drive the ground rod assembly into the ground with a sledge hammer about 3-1/2 feet from a tower leg
until ground wire clamp is just above the ground.
Fasten the ground fitting to the tower leg.
Attach the armored ground wire to the fitting on the tower leg and to the ground rod.
When attaching (armored) bare ground wire to a ground rod, remove sufficient armor to double
the end of the wire through the ground clamp. Insert the doubled end of the wire through the
clamp against the ground rod on the side opposite the clamp set screw. Tighten the ground
clamp firmly. After the clamp and wire have set a half hour or more, retighten the set screw.
(10) Assemble the Antenna System inside the radome in accordance with the procedures set forth in paragraph
4E of this section.
(11) Level the antenna pedestal in accordance with the procedures set forth in paragraph 6 of this section.
PORTABLE STAND AND HOISTING UNIT INSTALLATION (See Figure 2-2)
- The portable hoisting unit
should be assembled while the system is still on the trailer. Pad areas should be leveled for the hoisting unit support and
outrigger support tie rod baseplates prior to assembly. Then proceed as follows:
(1) Position each winch support leg in a hoisting unit support baseplate and place one assembly at each
corner of the type I radome-platform.
(2) Insert the cable assembly on each winch in the hole on the radome platform and adjust the winches until
the cable is taut.
Assemble the eight white end tensioning tie rods to the winch support legs.
Assemble the two red end tensioning tie rods to the winch support legs.
Assemble the eight outrigger support tie rods to the winch support legs.