When the mounting location for the Antenna System is established, but before the Antenna
System is installed, locate the boresight target and survey the boresight azimuth as described in
Paragraph 9 of this section.
B. REMOVAL OF TRANSIT COVER - Prior to unloading the Antenna System from the trailer, the transit cover
should be removed in accordance with the following procedures. To perform this procedure, the trailer should be
(1) Unsnap top of transit cover and remove.
(2) Unsnap transit cover sides from radome-platform and remove.
(3) Install eye bolts in corners of radome-platform.
Care should be exercised when removing the transit cover from the Antenna System to avoid
snagging, chafing, or otherwise damaging the radome.
C. 80-FOOT TOWER INSTALLATION - Install the tower as described in paragraph 7 of this section, then proceed
(1) Park the trailer containing the Antenna System near the base of the tower, leaving room to assemble and
operate the portable hoisting unit between the trailer and the tower. Position the trailer relative to the four corners of the
selected zero reference point.
(2) Assemble the portable stand and hoisting unit around the Antenna System and lift the system off the trailer
in accordance with the procedures set forth in paragraph 4D of this section.
(3) Lower the Antenna System to the ground.
(4) Using rollers, if available, slide the Antenna System under the 80-foot tower to facilitate fastening the 80-
foot tower hoist cables to the corner eye bolts on the radome-platform.
(5) Interconnect the Antenna System to the control units as shown in Figure 2-8.
(6) Hoist the Antenna System to the top of the 80-foot tower in accordance with the procedures set forth in
paragraph 7 of this section.
Revised January 22, 1968