(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock
This is necessary since illustrations are prepared for
functional groups and listings are divided into the same
Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National
stock number or part number. This index is in NIIN
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the
sequence followed by a list of part numbers in
functional group to which the item belongs.
alphanumeric sequence, cross-referenced to the
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration
illustration figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item
and note the illustration figure and item number of the
number, locate the figure and item number in the repair
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing,
find the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National stock number or part number is
(Next printed page is 4.1)