(1) Insert two cam followers (3) in each of
(3) Attach hoist cable (24) to drum (3). For
four cam follower blocks (2).
fastening, run end of the cable through flange to three-
hole fastener. Loop the cable through the three holes so
(2) Attach four cam follower blocks (2) to
that cable overlaps itself in at least one position. Wind
antenna carriage assembly (1). Secure each cam
the hoist cable on drum.
follower block with two bolts (4), nuts (5), and
(4) Loop chain (7) over drum sprocket wheel.
Make certain that chain links (7) properly engage the
teeth of sprocket (10). Connect both ends of chain by
(5) Install four chain tension bolts (9), two cap
(1) Insert one cam follower (3) in each of four
bolts (5), and six chain tension jam nuts (6).
cam follower mount assemblies (4) and in each of four
(6) Install motor assembly (11). Secure with
cam follower mounting blocks No. 2 (5).
four cap bolts (13), nuts (14), and lockwashers (15).
(2) Insert one cam follower (3) in each of four
Make certain that the teeth of motor sprocket (10)
cam follower mounting blocks No. 1 (2).
properly engage the chain links.
(3) Insert one cam follower mounting block
(7) Adjust four chain tension bolts (9) and two
2 (5) in each of four cam follower mount
cap bolts (5) for proper tautness of the drive chain.
assemblies (4). Secure each with four socket head cap
(8) Apply a thin film of grease to the tooth
screws (6) and lockwashers (7).
faces of both drum and motor sprockets and to drive
assemblies (4) to elevator assembly (1). Secure three
(9) Install chain guard (8) and secure with
with two socket head cap screws (8) and lockwashers (7)
four cap bolts (16) and nuts (17) and three machine
each. Secure one with two socket head cap screws (9)
screws (19), flatwashers (20), and hex nuts (21).
and lockwashers (7).
(10) Check motor and gear box for proper oil
(5) Attach four cam follower mounting blocks
No. 1 (2) to elevator assembly (1). Secure each of
(11) Make sure that the electrical power being
three with two socket head cap screws (8) and
used is 230/460-volt, three-phase, 60 Hz. Connect
power and control. Check the direction of hoist drum
screws (9) and lockwashers (7).
and make certain that its direction of rotation
corresponds to the direction of the control button that
e. Other Tower Components. Refer to paragraphs
has been pressed. If the opposite direction results,
reverse the direction by interchanging any two of the
three power input leads.
Section V. DIRECT SUPPORT TESTING PROCEDURES
5985-201-15. For testing of the elevator hoist and
7-10 GENERAL. For testing of the Antenna Groups
AN/GSA-131(V)1 or AN/GSA-131(V)2, refer to TM 32-