(3) Likewise, detach two track assemblies (4)
(6) Check gin pole for damages.
from track supports Nos. 4 (9), 5 (8), and 6 (7), and two
b. Tower Adapter.
track assemblies (4) from track supports Nos. 1 (11), 2
(10), and 3 (15).
13a, steps (3), (4), and (5).
(2) Check scaffold winch assembly.
(a) Check that winch and pulley turn
The fumes of trichloroethane are
(b) Inspect winch line for kinks or other
toxic. Provide thorough ventilation
whenever used. DO NOT USE NEAR
(c) Inspect chain shackle for damage.
AN OPEN FLAME. Trichloroethane is
c. Tower Erection Kit.
not flammable, but exposure of the
(1) Check all bolts, nuts, and screws for
fumes to an open flame or hot metal
tightness. Check that none is missing.
forms highly toxic phosgene gas.
(2) Check all metal parts for corrosion or
a. Remove dust and dirt from the equipment by
using a lint-free cloth.
(3) Inspect erection cable, multiple-leg sling
b. Use a 1-inch bristle brush to remove dirt and
assembly, aircraft cable for hoist, and tag ropes for
dust from hard-to-reach areas.
damage, including kinks in wire cables. Check that
c. Remove grease with trichloroethane and wipe
snatch block works smoothly. Inspect snatch block and
dry with a clean, dry, lint-free cloth.
eye bolt for damage.
d. Remove caked-on dirt with a 1-inch bristle brush
soaked with trichloroethane. Wipe dry with a clean, dry,
(1) Inspect all metal parts for corrosion or
(2) Check all attaching hardware for
tightness. Check that there are no missing nuts, bolts,
a. Erected Tower.
(1) Check piers for settling. Measure their
(3) Check tracks for alignment.
(4) Check that all rollers work smoothly.
measurements with previous measurements.
(5) Inspect rope guide assembly for damage.
(2) With spirit levels, check that tower is still
(6) Inspect elevator erection sling and anchor
shackle for damages.
(3) Check all metal parts and the gin pole for
rust and corrosion.
5-14. ASSEMBLY AND INSTALLATION.
(4) Check all structural members for physical
damage, including bending of braces.
(5) Check all attaching hardware. Be sure
that bolts, nuts, and screws are tight and that none is