Figure 2-7. Typical Tower Joint
(2) Use winch truck to raise tower section No. 3.
(4) Remove blocks from under tower section No.
Attach this section to tower section No. 2 and secure
1. Place blocks, approximately 2 feet high and capable
of supporting at least 1,250 pounds each, under legs B
and C, 1 foot 6 inches from the top of tower section No.
(3) Remove blocks from under tower section No. 2
2. Lower tower onto these blocks.
and place them 1 foot 6 inches from the top of tower
section No. 3 under legs B and C. Lower tower onto
f Tower Section No. 3.
g. Tower Section No. 4.
Make sure that tower braces No. 6
are attached to tower leg assemblies
(1) Assemble tower section No. 4. The procedure
in the prescribed manner. Otherwise
is the same as for tower sections Nos. 2 and 3
the multiple-leg sling assembly may
damage brace when tower is raised.
instead of two sets of braces (six each) there is only one
set of six braces tower braces No. 7.
(1) Assemble tower section No. 3 by the same
(2) Raise tower section No. 4 by means of winch
steps (4) through (6)), except attach tower braces No. 5
instead of No. 1 and tower braces No. 6 instead of No.
section to tower section No. 3 and secure.
2. Make sure that braces No. 6 are attached to leg