(4) Before using tower hoist, remove red oil-level
(6) Complete tower section No. 1 by assembling
plug and check gearcase for proper oil level. Fill with oil
the third side, face C, by the same procedure as for face
through one of upper openings until oil reaches oil-level
A, in step (4). Use a ladder to reach the upper bolts on
hole. Replace plugs tightly after this check. Check that
tower leg B (1, sheet 1).
the rest of the tower hoist is properly lubricated. See
(7) Attach tower pivots Nos. 1 (9, sheet 1) and 2
(11, sheet 1), for legs B and C, to base pivot assemblies
(5) Connect power.
(20, sheet 2) of piers B and C and secure with two bolts
(14, sheet 2), nuts (15, sheet 2), and lockwashers (16,
Truck winch and hoist cables used
(1) Attach eye bolt (6) to hoist frame assembly
(13). Secure with two nuts (7) and one lockwasher (8).
restraining the tower during erection
(2) If hoist frame assembly (13) is not already on
must have a minimum workload
winch pad (12), attach it with winch bolts (9) mating to
rating of 1 ton. The winch truck
holes in hoist frame assembly.
must be capable of effectively
(3) Place tower hoist (1) on hoist frame assembly
braking, lowering, and safely holding
(13), with holes mating winch bolts (9). Secure with six
this 1-ton load.
(1) Attach truck winch cable to leg A, point Y.
With winch truck, elevate tower section No. 1 so that
Figure 2-5. Tower Hoist Installation