2-13 TOWER GROUNDING, AVIATION LIGHTING,
(3) Remove one step and hex nut from lower
AND CONVENIENCE OUTLET KITS INSTALLATION.
tower leg. Install control mount plate (7) to lower tower
leg. Secure with step and hex nut.
The tower grounding, aviation lighting, and convenience
(4) Install lighting control panel (12) to control
kits are installed after the tower is completely
mount plate (7). Secure with four 5/16-inch bolts (10),
assembled. The aviation lights and convenience outlets
require a 120-Vac, 50/60-Hz primary power source.
(5) Connect three conductor cables (14) and
Installation procedures are as follows:
two water tight connectors (11) between junction box
(15) and lighting control panel (12).
a. Tower Grounding Kit Installation
c. Convenience Outlet Installation. Refer
(1) Dig two holes on opposite comers of the
tower about 12 inches deep.
(1) Remove one step from tower leg at top of
(2) Place ground rod (4) into bottom of one
hole. Drive ground rod into the ground until top of rod is
(2) Install convenience outlet mount plate (1)
about 6 inches below ground level.
to tower leg. Secure with tower step and hex nut.
(3) Install ground wire assembly (2) to ground
(3) Install one convenience outlet (2) to
rod (4). Secure with ground rod clamp (3).
convenience outlet mount plate (1). Secure with a 1/4-
(4) Remove one locknut (6) and hex nut (5)
inch bolt (3), lockwasher (4), and hex nut (5).
from stud (7).
(4) Remove one step from tower leg about 5
(5) Install ground wire assembly (2) and flat
feet above ground level.
washer (1) onto stud (7). Secure with hex nut (5) and
(5) Install junction box mount plate (6) to
tower leg. Secure with tower step and hex nut.
(6) Repeat steps (2) through (5) to install
(6) Install junction box assembly (7) to
other grounding rod.
junction box mount plate (6). Secure with four 1/4-inch
b. Aviation Lighting Kit Installation. Refer
(7) Install second convenience outlet (2) to
bracket (8) on junction box mount plate (6). Secure with
(1) Install junction box (15) to top tower
1/4-inch bolt (3), lockwasher (4), and hex nut (5).
brace. Be sure drain hole faces down. Secure with
(2) Install two dual obstruction lights (2), four
completely assembled, connect the aviation lights,
lamps (1), rigid conduit (5), fitting (6), union (13), and
convenience outlets, and electric hoist to primary power
four locknuts (3). Use wraplock kit (4) to secure conduit
in accordance with the tower interconnection diagram
Section IV. PRELIMINARY ADJUSTMENT OF EQUIPMENT
(No preliminary adjustment of the Antenna Tower TS-9A is required.)
Section V. INSTALLATION AND CIRCUIT LINEUP
(No installation or circuit lineup of the Antenna Tower TS-9A is required.)