(6) Slowly rotate the SCAN CONTROL GAIN adjustment, R2, a minimum CW.
(7) Slowly rotate the SCAN CONTROL SECTOR adjustment, R3, CW until the antenna is scanning the
(8) Slowly rotate the SCAN CONTROL GAIN adjustment, R2, CW to obtain the desired scanning rate. The
antenna will now automatically scan the preset sector at the desired rate.
(9) Rotate the elevation handwheel, on systems with elevation capabilities, as required to increase or
decrease the elevation angle of the antenna.
(1) Set the POLARIZATION SELECT switch, S6, to the desired mode of polarization - H, V, LHC -45, or RHC
(2) Observe that when the antenna repolarizes as selected, all indicator lights, except the one for the selected
polarization, go off.
F. BEAM WIDTH CHANGE
(1) If it is desired to change the beam width of the antenna while the system is operating in any one of the
three possible modes of operation, set the beam width change switch, S7, to the BEAM INCREASE or BEAM
DECREASE position, as desired.
(2) Hold S7 in the selected position and observe an increase or decrease, depending on the position of S7, on
the BEAM WIDTH meter. Release S7 when the antenna beam, as indicated on the meter, reaches the desired width.
8. STOPPING PROCEDURES
A. When operation of the Antenna System is complete, the system should be shut down in accordance with the
(1) Set the SERVO DRIVE switch, S1, on the Antenna Position Control Indicator, to the OFF position.
(2) Set the SERVO EXCITATION circuit breaker, CB4, on the Antenna Control Power Supply, to the OFF
(3) Set the ANTENNA SYSTEMS POWER circuit breaker, CB3, on the Antenna Control Power Supply to the