D. SECTOR SCAN CHECK (1) With the MODE SELECT switch, S2, in the MANUAL position, rotate the azimuth
and elevation handwheels to position the TRUE ELEVATION to 000. 0.
(2) Rotate the SCAN CONTROL GAIN adjustment, R2, full CCW.
(3) Rotate the SCAN CONTROL SECTOR adjustment, R3, full CCW.
(4) Set the MODE SELECT switch, S2, to the SCAN position. Observe illumination of DS8, the AZIMUTH
MODE SCAN light.
(5) Slowly rotate the SCAN CONTROL SECTOR and GAIN adjustments, R3 and R2, a few degrees CW.
Observe on the TRUE AZIMUTH digital counter that the antenna scans a small angle around 000. 0 degree azimuth at a
(6) Rotate R3 and R2 to various positions and observe that the sector scanned can be increased from
approximately 5 to 270 degrees around 000. 0 degree azimuth. The rate at which the sector is scanned should
increase with CW rotation of R2. With R3 full CW, the sector scanned should be approximately 270 degrees, which
are the electrical limits of the antenna pedestal in azimuth.
(7) During sector scan operation, rotate the elevation handwheel and observe on the TRUE ELEVATION
digital counter that the antenna follows in elevation.
(8) Rotate R3 and R2 full CCW.
(1) Set the POLARIZATION SELECT switch, S6, to the H position.
(2) Observe that when the antenna is horizontally polarized, all indicator lights, except the horizontal (H) light,
F. ELECTROMECHANICAL LINEAR ACTUATOR CHECK
(1) On the Control Indicator, set and hold the beam width change switch, S7, to the BEAM INCREASE
position. Observe that the needle on the BEAM WIDTH meter deflects in an increasing direction.
(2) Reposition S7 to the BEAM DECREASE position. Observe that the needle on the BEAM WIDTH meter
deflects in a decreasing direction.