Remove the counterweights from the elevation drive assembly and place them out of the assembly area.
Remove the reflector center section from the elevation drive assembly and place it out of the assembly
Install the elevation hoist to the elevation drive support coating in accordance with Figure 2-3, step 2.
Remove the socket-head cap screws holding the elevation drive assembly in place.
(8) Raise the elevation drive assembly as illustrated in step 3, Figure 2-3, and install the elevation drive
support extension between the drive assembly and the support casting, aligning the red marks as indicated.
Remove the elevation hoist and reinstall the counterweights and center section of the reflector.
(10) Assemble the four outer reflector sections to the center section. Orient the sections by mating the
numbers on the sections with corresponding numbers on the center section. The sections are fastened to the center
section by tee-handle, quick-release pins on the inside flanged edges of the outer sections. The outer sections are
fastened together by quarter-turn clasp hook fasteners around the outer rim.
numbers on the unit correspond to the same numbered feed support. Secure the unit in position with the hardware called
(12) Prior to installing the log-periodic dipole feed, install the electromechanical linear actuator by mating the
guide pin on the polarization unit with the corresponding hole on the actuator and securing in place with the hardware
called for in Figure 5-2. Install the feed and cabling in accordance with the procedures contained in steps (14) through
(16), mating the guide pin on the actuator with the corresponding hole in the polarization unit.
(13) Mate the guide pin on the polarization unit with the corresponding hole on the log-periodic dipole feed.
(14) Install the completed assembly to the reflector in accordance with Figure 5-2, orienting the assembly so
that the numbers on the support correspond with the numbers on the back of the reflector.