(9) Slide a thrust washer (5) on each end of
(3) Slide thrust washer (11), flanged end of
bearing (14), and seal (15) into square end of worm
(10) Slide the flanged end of a bearing (4) on
each end of shaft.
(4) Slide open end of crank assembly (19) onto
(11) Slide a seal (3) over square end of shaft and
worm shaft and secure with pin (18).
insert completed shaft assembly through hole in
(5) Slide second thrust washer (11) and flange
end of bearing ( 10) onto round end of worm shaft.
(12) Use a liquid gasket material such as Form-
(6) Place completed shaft assembly into recess
a-Gasket to seal the mating edges of the gearbox
at bottom of winch base.
(7) Press key (21) into keyseat in worm gear
(13) Place winch cover (9) over winch base and
shaft (2) and press boss end of worm gear (7) over
secure with five cap screws (13).
square end of worm gear shaft.
(14) Pour oil (Type SAE 140) into hole at top of
(8) Aline hole in worm gear with hole in shaft
winch until it reaches the edge of the lower hole.
and drive pin (20) through to secure.
(15) Replace two pipe plugs (8).