GENERAL SUPPORT MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Section I. GENERAL
repair; and testing procedures covered in direct
3-1. Scope of General Support Maintenance
support are also applicable to general support
These procedures supplement direct support
Troubleshooting, general cleaning, inspection, and
Section Il. MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
(6) Drive out pin (18) to remove crank assembly
3-2. Disassembly and Repair of Winch,
(19) from shaft.
(7) Slide off seal (15), bearing (14), and thrust
washer (11 ) from shaft.
(8) Worm (12) may be removed by removing key
(1) Remove two pipe plugs (8) and drain all oil
(9) Studs (6) may be removed from winch base
(2) Remove five cap screws (13) and lift winch
with a 5/16-inch open-end winch.
cover (9) from winch base (1).
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair. Refer to
(3) Slide worm gear shaft (2) out of winch base
freeing seal (3), two bearings (4), and two thrust
(1) Install studs (6) into winch base (1) and
(4) Worm gear (7) may be removed from shaft
tighten with a 5/16-inch open-end wrench.
by driving out pin (20) and removing key (21).
(2) Press key (17) into keyseat in worm shaft
(5) Lift worm shaft (16) from winch base freeing
(16) and press worm (12) into place.
bearing (10) and thrust washer (11).