b. Replacement. For replacement of the an-
loop antenna side (3 or 4) into its mount-
ing hole on proper side of the case (2).
tenna arm assembly (3) only, omit the procedures
(5) Insert the base of that arm assembly (3
given in a(1), (4), and (8) below. All procedures
or 4) slightly into its associated mounting
are required for the replacement of a complete
hole on the case (2), and check the aline-
ment of the contact plug (10) with the
(1) For antenna coaxial arm assembly (4)
tinned copper wire (9) which is contained
replacement, apply glyptal compound (or
in antenna arm assembly (3).
equivalent ) to the threads of the contact
(6) With the tinned copper wire (9) and the
plug (10), screw the contact plug (10)
cent act plug (10) in alinement, press the
in place on antenna coaxial arm assembly
antenna arm assembly (3 or 4) that is
(4), slide on the coupling cap (6), insert
being mounted, into the case (2).
the cap bearing (14) over the contact plug
(7) Solder the tinned copper wire (9) and
(10) into the coupling cap (6), place the
the contact plug (10). Slide the cou-
lockwasher (13) on the contact plug (10),
pling cap (6) into position, and screw it
and screw on the nut for the contact plug
to the other antenna arm assembly (4).
(8) For the antenna coaxial arm assembly
(2) For antenna arm assembly (3 or 4) re-
(4), insert E-ring (5) in place on the bot-
placement, apply a layer of silicone grease
tom of its antenna arm assembly. Place
to the arm assembly surface which will
leaf springs (8) and (7) in position, and
meet the spring washer (12). Mount the
secure them to the case (2).
spring washer (12) with the O-rings (11).
(9) For the antenna arm assembly (3), insert
(3) Set the case (2), with its cover (1) re-
E-ring (5) in place on the bottom of its
moved, in place for loop antenna mount-
antenna arm assembly.
ing. (If either antenna arm assembly
(10) Turn the case (2) over, and check to be
(3 or 4) has not been removed, raise that
sure that the loop antenna can be locked
assembly to its operating position. )
in its detented position and easily placed
Cover the replaced O-rings (11) with a
in its operating position.
thin layer of silicone grease, and set the
(11) Place the cover (1) on the case (2),
antenna arm assembly (3 or 4) in its oper-
making sure that the rubber gasket is
ating position for mounting.
seated properly, and tighten the cover (1)
(4) Insert the antenna arm assembly of one
down with the six captive screws.