(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number
noted on the figure.
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.
b. When National stock number or part number is known.
(1) First. Using the index of National stock numbers and part numbers, find the pertinent National
stock number or part number. The NSN index is in National item identification number (NIIN) sequence
para 4a(1)). The part numbers in the part number index are listed in ascending alphameric sequence (para
4b). Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration figure and item number of the item you are look-
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you're looking for,
then locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
(Next printed page is 10)